We all know the old adage, “A picture is worth a thousand words,” but in today’s digital world an image may be worth 10,000 words. Content is king and digital marketing requires a more robust library of content than ever before. Compelling images are essential to attracting and engaging an audience. Here’s few tips to get you started:
- Get Organized. Once you map out your strategy, create a shot list that takes full advantage of your time and photography. Outline the location, the scene, which models are used, what is expected of the client. Then, get everyone on the same page. Review the shot list with the photographer, the talent, the client, etc. Having everyone on the same page is critical to obtaining a high volume of assets for your social marketing strategy.
- Lighting –Save the sun’s “magic hours” for signature shots such as golf, beaches, marinas, and views. Spend the high sun hours inside shooting interiors. Taking the time to light interior shots is essential. Colored films are used to soften the bulb’s flash and remotes are used to ensure all the lights flash simultaneously with the shudder.
- Video- It’s not just about stills anymore. Adding videos can put you ahead of the real estate marketing competition and enables prospective buyers to really understand the assets and energy on the ground. Out-of-state buyers will appreciate videos because they are such an accurate representation of the property.
- Drones- Getting a camera into the sky is not easy. New regulations require registration and a skillful touch but the real estate industry is a perfect candidate for the benefits of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Showing land or estates from high above is a vantage point that adds an unmatched perspective when marketing a property.
- Layered Images- Maximize efficiency by layering images to ensure great exposure. With layers, you can easily blend two images to create the perfect combination. If one image has the outside properly exposed, it’s a simple matter of layering the two photos on top of each other and revealing the bottom photo with the properly exposed window.
To learn more about Cotton & Company’s integrated real estate sales and marketing programs, call us today at 772-287-6612 or sign up for our e-newsletter, Compendium; to stay on top of today’s real estate trends by clicking here.